Thursday, April 19, 2012

Surreal Situation in U.S. Post Office

From Cryptogon.

My dad went to his local post office to mail me some CDs that I had forgotten to pack when I left the U.S. back in 2006. He said that a bunch of other “old farts” in the post office were also sending packages to their children and grandchildren who were living overseas.

He overhead an elderly woman complaining about how she couldn’t send something or other to Australia for $2. Then the guy next to her said he couldn’t believe how much it cost to send stuff to his daughter in Costa Rica.

“My son is in Australia, too,” said the guy in front of my dad.

“Mine is in New Zealand,” said my dad.

Someone else had a daughter in France and another had a son in Germany.

A group formed outside and they started taking out pictures of their grandchildren from purses and wallets to share around.

“Kevin, I’ve been going to that post office for damn near fifty years and I’ve never seen anything like that before. In my day, if a guy talked about wanting to leave America to find a better deal, he would have gotten his ass kicked.”


Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment